A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Congressman Frank Pallone Greeting Constituents

Congressman Frank Pallone is greeting constituents at Aberdeen Matawan rail station.

UPDATE: I had nearly half an hour to wait for my train so I had ample opportunity to chat with the Congressman and his aide, who were handing out constituent services brochures and offering to talk about whatever the public wanted.

I expressed my concern about the possible loss of Medicare funding for medical intern programs. The Congressman pointed out that the health care reform package contains wording to deal with the shortage of general practitioners. He said doctors favor medical specializations and at the same time discourage anyone with lesser qualifications from stepping in to help deal with the shortage of general practitioners. I wryly joked that that is what Emergency Rooms are for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment