A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Monticello at Red Bank

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner experience at Monticello at Red Bank last night. The restaurant is at 69 Broad Street near Monmouth Street.

We indulged in two of their specials: I had sole stuffed with lobster and my wife had a New York strip steak with Portobello mushrooms and gorgonzola cheese. Each meal came with mashed potatoes with julienne carrots. My yummy half house salad had grapes, cranberries, nuts and other stuff on it. My wife had a half Caesar salad.

We brought our own bottle of red wine, a Domaine Fabrice Gasnier Cuvee Vielles Vignes 2009, which we sampled and bought from the Wine Academy in Hazlet and has become our favorite.

The dining room is about a dozen tables deep with plenty of room for comfortable conversation. The walls are decorated with large classic paintings of the Raphael genre. The soft lighting made dinner cozy. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and service was excellent -- prompt and friendly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment