A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Move Over Law -- Do You Know What To Do?

I was driving by the Aberdeen firehouse on Lloyd Road at Church Street when I noticed their sign had a message about a MOVE OVER LAW that I should know about. I had never heard of it, so I came home and did a bit of research.

Lots of police officers, rescue workers, and tow truck operators are injured or killed at America's roadsides by drivers who aren't paying attention to the situation ahead of them. Nearly every state in the Union has now passed a Move Over Law, which requires you to change lanes or slow down when approaching an emergency vehicle at the side of the road.


The State of New Jersey's Division of Highway Traffic Safety and Move Over America each have information on the law, including the public service announcement below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment