A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Hiding In Plain Sight

Alex Marshall (Ashley Johnson)
I watch In Plain Sight on a fairly regular basis. An actress named Ashley Johnson appeared in a recent episode as an Amish woman who witnessed a murder. I was sure I'd seen her before but couldn't place her, so I looked her up on IMDB. Turns out that 11 years ago she played Alex, the radical teenaged daughter of Nick Marshall (Mel Gibson), in What Women Want.

When I dug deeper, I found she has guest starred in a number of my favorite tv shows. She played in an episode last summer of Lie to Me. She played the 1966 version of a character in an episode of Cold Case. And she was in an episode of The Mentalist, an episode of CSI, and an episode of Monk. Going back even farther, I found her playing roles in ER, Roseanne, Ally McBeal, Wings, Providence, and Touched By an Angel. She started out around age 7 playing Chrissy Seaver in the last 3 seasons of Growing Pains. (1990-92).

0 comments:

Post a Comment