A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Starbucks in Matawan Finds New Way to Serve Its Customers

I heard today that Starbucks at Main Street and Route 34 in Matawan will begin opening its doors at 5 am this morning to better serve its early bird clientele. Kudos for striving to meet the customer where he/she is.

My daughter, who used to work at the Manalapan drive-thru, often told me about the line of customers outside waiting for her store to open its doors when she got to work in the still wee hours of the morning. They even filled the drive-thru line.

There is something to be said for beating the rush and finishing one's day while there is still daylight left to enjoy. A wonderful concept. I'm at the other end of the spectrum of hominids. It is doubtful I'll grace the doors of the Matawan Starbucks tomorrow morning at 5 am. (Note the time of this article,btw.) No, I have to admit I'll more likely miss the rush in my usual manner -- by sleeping through it.

1 comment: