A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Weekend in Western Massachusetts

I headed to Smith College late last week for parents weekend. My daughter invited me to sit in on some of her classes and to attend the school's annual Montage concert, in which she performed.

I took my iPod on the road to keep me company for the hours-long trip up and back. Among the many podcasts I listened to, my favorites were Terry Gross's interview of Mike Birbiglia on her show Fresh Air and Phil Caputo's Out on a Ledge on a wonderful show called The Moth.

We had a fine dinner at Osaka Japanese Restaurant in Northampton, shopped at The Montague Book Mill, in Montague, and enjoyed a nice lunch at The People's Pint in Greenfield. I enjoyed several fine breakfasts with Zack and Jessica at their Inn Spot bed and breakfast in nearby Conway. While in Northampton, we visited Dirty Truth Beer Hall, where my favorite beer on tap there was an Amager Bryghus Imperial Stout.

I recommend a trip to Northampton. It's a combination of Red Bank, New Brunswick, and Princeton. The leaves are beautiful, the countryside picturesque, and the downtown rich with restaurants and entertainment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment