A blog about living in Aberdeen, New Jersey.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Faces of America

Since I'm very interested in genealogy, I sat down and watched the first episode of the PBS series Faces of America on Wednesday evening. It was wonderfully produced, touching on all sorts of topics related to families and history. My sister told me about the series, so I went looking for it. I'll pass the favor forward and recommend that you catch future episodes if at all possible.

You can get a flavor of the kind of personal discussion that goes on by watching some online film clips of the host, Henry Louis Gates, Jr, talking with Stephen Colbert or any of the many others participating in the series. I believe the actual interview with Stephen Colbert (not included with the bonus clips online) will be part of next week's episode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment